Having the best family holidays in Tenerife can be very easy if you let yourself be guided by our tips.
Enjoying a family holidays in Tenerife is a very, very easy challenge, as the island is an ideal place to plan all kinds of trips suitable for everyone. Children, adults and senior citizens alike will find in the Canary Islands a place where they can have fun and enjoy themselves. Beaches, mountains and leisure activities blend together in an unrepeatable landscape. In addition, you will have the collaboration of the people of the Canary Islands, friendly people by nature who will make your experience a unique moment.
Sometimes we plan our trips without knowing very well what activities we can do at our destination and what will be the most suitable plans for the whole family. Travelling with children, grandparents or people with mobility problems requires us to plan the perfect holiday in advance.
The most recommended hiking trails to visit
When we travel with the whole family we must synchronise our tastes and our possibilities, seeking a balance so that all the members of our family have a great time in equal measure.
Getting into nature is a key part of your stay. Tenerife is an island full of forests, trails, paths and landscapes. It is true that there are many of them that we cannot recommend for all ages because of their steepness, length or danger. On the other hand, there are many others that can be enjoyed with the family and are suitable for all ages. Apart from the Sendero de los Sentidos, which you can find explained in another of our articles, we are going to make a series of recommendations.
- The Cambada Daughter’s Path has a circular length of three kilometres. A perfect activity for almost any age and condition located in the Anaga Rural Park. You will find lush vegetation, tranquillity and a fairytale image for the little ones to enjoy the path.
- A perfect place for this time of year is the Los Dornajos trail, in the upper part of La Victoria de Acentejo. Another three kilometres of circular path surrounded by chestnut trees and a few more surprises that you will discover along the way. You should take the opportunity to visit it during the autumn
- In the area of La Orotava we can find the water house. A path that ends at this place that used to distribute water from the nearby galleries and which is five kilometres long both ways. At the end you can enjoy a picnic in the recreational area of La Caldera.
The best beaches for the whole family
If we want to have a complete family holiday in Tenerife, we must get to know some of its beaches. In this case we will be looking for the tranquillity of a calm sea and easy access for all kinds of people.
- Las Teresitas beach. One of the most iconic beaches in Tenerife due to its size, white sand and location in the capital of the island. A huge car park, disabled access, services and restaurants right on the beach and a sea with 365 days of calm. You can relax on the sand or in a hammock and let your children enjoy themselves in peace and quiet.
- Las Vistas Beach. Another of the quietest and most accessible beaches on the island. In the municipality of Los Cristianos you will find this tourist enclave that has all the facilities you need to spend a day by the sea.
- Fañabé Beach. In the neighbouring municipality of Adeje is this fantastic family beach surrounded by a wonderful promenade. Very close to Playa de Torviscas they form a perfect tandem for an ideal dip.
These beaches have fun for children, bouncy castles, pedal skates for hire, jet skis and many other options for all tastes.
Leisure in Villa Mandi
If you stay at Villa Mandi Golf & Resort we will advise you on other family leisure activities and excursions you can do on the island. Loro Parque, Siam Park, Jungle Park and many other places for family fun.